freetds - RE: MS SQLServer 2000 and "for xml auto" command

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: MS SQLServer 2000 and "for xml auto" command
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 06:38:55 -0400

Whether it's utf-8 or iso_1 (or another single byte char set) is a pretty
small difference to most of the code, we can still use all the standard C
functions on them. Sure there are some nuances of column size vs. data
size, but once dealt with the same code can apply to both (iso_1 becomes a
special case where colsize happens to equal data size).

UCS-2 is a much different animal though. It is very foreign to most unix
tools and libraries, and will need special code to deal with it.

Brian