freetds - Re: network unreachable with freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Casey Letzia" <casey AT creditguard.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: network unreachable with freetds
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:06:34 -0400

Thanks for your prompt reply. I misspoke about the remarking out the name
servers in /etc/hosts. I did that in /etc/resolv.conf.

Thanks for the tip on tsql, I was able to connect using the hostname/port
parameters.

The error message did not include the correct ip address. It always has a
random address from the multicast range.

On our redhat 7.1 box the file that allegedly controls search order is
/etc/host.conf. It says "order hosts,bind".

Thanks for not blowing me off for being some wanker who doesn't know jack
about networking.....even though I am :-)