freetds - Re: network unreachable with freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <james.cameron AT hp.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: network unreachable with freetds
  • Date: 09 Aug 2002 10:29:14 +1000

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 09:09, Brian Bruns wrote:
> I'm going to take part of the blame for this as well. Our reporting of
> hostname resolution problems needs to be much better. I'm not sure when I
> can get to rolling up a patch, anyone else up for it?

I'll have a quick look.

It is why I added the IP address to the connect error message ... I knew
there were problems in there somewhere, but finding broadcast addresses
is ironic.

Casey: no worries, mate. You've found a defect, in my opinion. Well
done.

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT hp.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/ (or) http://quozl.netrek.org/