freetds - RE: convert progress

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: convert progress
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:05:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Lowden, James K wrote:

> [...]

Yeah, I just have to fixup the ctlib handlers a bit and add the parent
field to TDSCONTEXT. I've been wasting^Wspending my time working on
domain logins now that I think I figured out an ingenious way to test
them, I compile freetds under cygwin on the box with the SQL Server, and
therefore the box has already "joined the domain" and hopefully everything
will work enough for me to debug the thing.

> I think the autoconf macro is not hard to add later. Basically, we can wrap
> your "long long" uses inside a HAVE_LONG_LONG test in the header file, and
> in convert.c (or whatever) we can say, approximately:
>
> #if ! HAVE_LONG_LONG
> [call error message handler]
> return FALSE;
> #endif

I don't mind using native types, but we do really need to do something for
the platforms without a 64bit type. In what ways in using the current
numeric code insufficant for the 8 byte money type?

Brian