freetds - Numeric coding

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Numeric coding
  • Date: 18 Jul 2002 22:22:38 +0200

As already discussed numeric have different wire coding (Sybase and
MSSQL). I suggested an unique coding for platform (little or big
endian). So I checked some code (DBD:Sybase and php) to see how they
convert numeric data... using ctlib... (no suggestion at all...)

I suggest to use little-endian coding for some reason
- many programs use little-endian coding (db2, f90sql, odbc)
- can be extended in the future and shrinked very quickly

Anyone know the coding for Sybase Ct-lib CS_CONNECT struct ?

What do you think about ?

freddy77

  • Numeric coding, Frediano Ziglio, 07/18/2002