freetds - RE: convert progress

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: convert progress
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:55:25 -0400

This is wonderful news, Bill, thanks for the update. I'll be offline myself
until August, so your work will probably be done while I'm away. <pout>

You had said you were putting off generating error messages. Where does
that stand? Seems to me you needed socket plumbing changes from Brian to do
it right?

I think the autoconf macro is not hard to add later. Basically, we can wrap
your "long long" uses inside a HAVE_LONG_LONG test in the header file, and
in convert.c (or whatever) we can say, approximately:

#if ! HAVE_LONG_LONG
[call error message handler]
return FALSE;
#endif

[We could do more, but there are simple remedies (use GNU, cast to float in
SQL).]

I think HAVE_LONG_LONG etc. should go into the release, but is easy to apply
after your fundamental, get-it-working work is in CVS.

> I'm off to sunny Seville!

The one in Spain? Sounds nice, running with the bulls in a bear market.