freetds - Re: pre2?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: pre2?
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:22:28 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, we'll see if the list manager will not bounce my message this time for
having the same first line.

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Lowden, James K wrote:

> [...]
It merged ok...i made the same patch locally if we are talking about
Frediano's one. All the autoconf checking for _r function signature is
checked in. (insert obligatory bitching about M4 here).

One thing I noticed in the dblib has a global g_dblib_version variable
that is key'ed off the compile time tds version, why I'm not sure. We
should fix that at some point. Until then, dblib wont build with
reentrancy unless you say 'make CFLAGS=-D_REENTRANT -DTDS50' (or whatever
default version).

> > OSF/1 as usual seems to be the oddball. I think the linux and solaris
> > styles will be pretty evident if they're wrong, you game for
> > some Tru64 testing?
>
> RSN. I have a small demo coming up on my OSF/1 box, so I'd like to leave it
> alone until then.

Whenever you're ready

Brian