freetds - RE: pre2?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: pre2?
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:01:15 -0400

Hey Eric,

> The TEXT field fix is described above. The NUMERIC field fix I'm not
> sure about. I looked quickly at the diff between the two versions and
> there's lots of work on NUMERIC and nothing was immediately obvious.
> Anyone else able to reproduce this or have ideas what could be wrong?

Most of the Numeric messing about is down to me I'm afraid. Looks like an
endian/byteswapping issue. Can you tell me :

client machine (specifically is it big or little endian) ?
target database ?
TDSVER ?
can you tell (independantly) if the data is corrupted IN the database I.e
by the insert, or is it just the select thats getting it wrong.

TIA, I'll look at it tomorrow (GMT time)