freetds - RE: Roadmap to 0.54?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Roadmap to 0.54?
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:47:54 -0400

Fair enough; naturally it's your call. I think the bcp improvement AIUI is
a big deal, and domain support may not get resolved for a while, now that
you're back in the baby business. :)

TDS 8.0 has 64-bit ints and "variant" datatypes. (Leave it to them to
decide that a typed system needs a typeless type!) I found a good size doc
on it that I'll summarize for the website. I don't know that you want to
hold up the next release for it, but it might affect the numbering scheme?

> > I like the idea of a countdown, and it would give
> > people, on this list and off, a measure of the status.
>
> Perhaps a "hit list" of API functions/partials would help
> too, and give
> people looking to pitch in an easy place to start.

Good idea. I'll take care of that.

> > We have a few small chores to do, too. We should solve the MAXPATHLEN
> > autoconf (?) problem. I could add an #ifndef, but I'm hoping for an
> > intelligent answer.
>
> Wanna jog my memory on this one?

Just check the pr database. :-> See my May 20, 2002 6:50 PM mail,
"MAXPATHLEN in tds/config.c". See also quozl.

+++

So, here's a half-remembered list:

Bill's patch
locale support re-added
odbc patches
bugfixes for:
Reusing CS_COMMAND structures
Bug in read.c (one liner)
SQLBindParameter Problem (no clear solution yet)
MAXPATHLEN
stabilize, bang on it

Regards,