freetds - TDS7.0, sqsh, and TEXT columns in CVS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: TDS7.0, sqsh, and TEXT columns in CVS
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:42:34 -0600

Playing with CVS today, trying to see how close we might be to something
that's releasable. Connecting to an MSSQL7 server using TDS7.0 from
sqsh 1.7, if I run a query that returns any TEXT columns, I get the
error:

dsp_desc_bind: Memory allocation failure for column #<x>

I suppose this might be connected to the fact that SQL server is
reporting the column size as 2^31-1?

This problem exists in CVS back to October 27, prior to which TDS 7.0
logins fail for me with a segfault when using sqsh. I can provide a
TDSDUMP log if this would be useful to anyone -- assuming this isn't a
known issue people are already working on (searching the archives didn't
turn up anything, but I can never tell if that's just my lousy search
skills).

Cheers,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer