freetds - Re: TDS7.0, sqsh, and TEXT columns in CVS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TDS7.0, sqsh, and TEXT columns in CVS
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 09:44:59 -0500 (EST)

Your lousy search skills or our lousy search engine. ;-) I wrote up a bit
of a description for it on Oct 26 under the subject 'Re: set textsize
1048576 fails'. Not sure if we are hitting the same problem or not.

For anyone that is interested by the way, I'm working on TDS dissector for
ethereal in my <sarcasm>copious amounts of spare time</sarcasm>, and could
use some testers once it's stable enough.

Also, placeholder support for TDS 5.0, might just make the cut for 0.53,
if I get some time.

I'd also like to see the iconv support finished before then, which
shouldn't affect the releases stability since it defaults to current
behaviour unless switched on. I'm going to go through a couple more pre
releases I think, because I really really really want a stable release
this time....seems like I've blown it on ever release since 0.50.

Steve, I'll look at the problem when I can get my laptop AC adaptor back
from my wife...I ordered her a new one, but it seems to be stuck in Dell
shipping limbo.

Brian