freetds - MSSQL 2000 with multiple servers on one machine

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "martin dempsey" <mjd AT digitaleveryware.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: MSSQL 2000 with multiple servers on one machine
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:49:17 -0400

I'm using freetds-0.51 (compiled with --with-tdsver=4.2) between Linux and
various Microsoft SQL Servers. Works well with MSSQL 7.0 but I've got a
small problem on MSSQL 2000. A new feature of MSSQL 2000 allows multiple
servers on one machine (at one IP address). When connecting to a Windows
2000 machine running multiple SQL servers, everything works with the
connection being made to the "default" server, but there doesn't seem to
be any way to specify or reach the others (which I need to do). I would
guess that this feature is a new part of TDS 7.0.

Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions?