freetds - make check failed- help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Joe" <harfranks AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: make check failed- help
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:29:40 -0400

hey,
I am running on a Sun Solaris machine and am having touble getting
make
check to connect to a MS SQL 7.0. The server is listing and I have
configured like this. ./configure --prefix=/var/tmp/hfranks
--with-tdsver=7.0 --enable-msdblib
I have also setenv SYBASE /var/tmp/hfranks
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $SYBASE/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

also set the interfaces file and the PWD file to be correct.

i have alos asked my boss to edit the ld.so.config file to allow use of my
path, but dont know if he has done so. He's rather picky about granting
access to the lib directory

below is a snip from the output file

t001.c: Testing login, logout
tds_connect() failed
try_tds_login() failed
FAIL:t001

It looks to me that he didnt edit the ld.so.config file but i would like
some feedback