freetds - Re: make check failed- help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: make check failed- help
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 22:22:59 -0400 (EDT)

TDS 7.0 will not currently work from a bigendian machine (such as
sparc). you'll need to use TDS 4.2. You can just export LD_LIBRARY_PATH if
you can not add the freetds lib dir to the ld.so.conf file. The other
thing is, unless you are porting dblib code from Windows, don't use the
--enable-msdblib option as most tools written on unix use Sybase
semantics.

BTW, I am working on getting TDS 7.0 working on bigendian but it may be a
few weeks.

Brian