freetds - Re: freetds and Python

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: freetds and Python
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:18:45 -0400 (EDT)

James Lowden wrote:

> Jim Kilmer wrote:
>
> > Currently, the Sybase module for python (version 0.26) will not even
> > compile (for me at least) under freeTDS due to the stub code in
> > blk.c and various other undefined variables that I can't easily work
> > around.
>
> I've never heard of Python bindings for FreeTDS. If you do find
> something, I'd like to add it to the User Guide.
>
> Could you be specific about the bulkcopy functions that don't? As
> you may know, many for-Sybase things hook up to FreeTDS pretty well,
> so if it's a matter of completeness of the db-lib interface library,
> for example, it might be fixable.
>
> I'm also interested in what variables aren't defined. There may be
> equivalents in FreeTDS that would do the trick.
>
> --jkl

This won't be a complete list, but here's a start.

* The symbol CS_CLEAR is not defined (Sybase has it in cspublic.h)
* The symbol BLK_SENSITIVITY_LBL is missing (bkpublic.h)

There's also a conflict in an enum declaration with the symbol CANCEL,
but that's the sort of silliness that you just learn to cope with when
you're faced with the preprocessing nightmares of C.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com