freetds - Re: Request for information about DatabaseMetaData.getTables

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Request for information about DatabaseMetaData.getTables
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:25:41 -0700

> I have looked at the problem quite a bit and determined that
> I do not get the same results from the stored procedure that
> gets executed as I get by just building the equivalent SQL string
> without using prepared statement parameters.

So, you're saying that the temporary table being built has the
correct values in it, but that the final select out of the
temporary table is not working when the query is executed
through a stored procedure?

> create proc #jdbc#3(@P1 nvarchar(4000), @P2 nvarchar(4000), @P3
> nvarchar(4000), @P4 nvarchar(4000)) as select TABLE_CAT=cat,

One obvious difference between this and the direct query is
the stored procedure's use of Unicode. If you manually create
the procedure using non-Unicode parameters, does it work then?

What kinds of rights do you have when trying this?

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org