freetds - Re: freetds.conf?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Scott C. Gray" <gray AT voicenet.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: freetds.conf?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:33:40 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Lowden, James K wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Rather than a freetds.conf file, might it be simpler to extend the
> interfaces file? I think it can have pretty much anything in it; the
> libraries probably look for what they need and skip the rest. I think the
> run-time parameters are easier to manage if they're all in one place.

I have added to my (someday-to-be-released-if-i-can-scrape-other-
things-off-my-page) version of the tds library (well, actually
my new cs-library) some extensions to configure freetds in
comments. For example, you can override the protocol
by doing:

#PROTO: tds7.0
SERVER
query tcp ether server 5000

where the #PROTO line will override the 'ether' setting for this
and all following entries. Generically, my parser looks for:

#OPTION: value[,value ...] [OPTION: value[,value...] ...]

This allows server entries to be consistant with the Sybase model,
but freetds can get hints as well.

-scott

--
Scott C. Gray <gray AT voicenet.com> "my keybard is brken"
http://www.voicenet.com/~gray/sqsh.html