freetds - Re: freetds.conf?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: freetds.conf?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:13:45 -0500 (EST)

My thinking was to keep the per server stuff in the interfaces files and
the global settings for the whole library freetds.conf.

I dislike using commented lines, and now I'm wondering if perhaps making a
clean break isn't justified. In the absence of the freetds.conf file we
could fall back to the interfaces file with it's limited configurability.
I'm envisioning a lot of configurable parameters, some global, some server
specific, some version specific. For instance:

[global]
home=/usr/local/freetds
dumpfile=/tmp/freetds.log

[tds5.0]
blocksize = 512

[tds7.0]
blocksize = 4096

[mysybserver]
host = 127.0.0.1
tdsver = 5.0
port = 4000

[mysqlserver]
host = ntbox.mydomain.com
tdsver = 7.0
port = 1433
datehack = yes # turn on big endian date fix hack required by SP1

I just don't know if the interfaces file can carry us as far as we need to
go.

Brian