freetds - Re: jdbc + SQLServer 7 + Exception + DB-Library ??

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: jdbc + SQLServer 7 + Exception + DB-Library ??
  • Date: 11 Apr 2000 15:08:00 +0200

BB> Patching in a TDS 7 login seems to be pretty simple, ditto for
BB> the TDS 7 result packet, but string handling is another story.

Shouldn't be too difficult as Java can do most of the Unicode stuff
without any effort from the programmers side. Tell it which encoding a
chunk of bytes uses and it will generate the correct Unicode String.

What would be the other side effects of using a TDS 7 login? What
would a Sybase DB do with it? What else would need to be changed?

I know from last weeks conversation we would get VARCHARs with more
than 255 chars.

Stefan