freetds - Re: current CVS version won't connect to MSSQL 7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: William.P.McGonigle AT artoo.hitchcock.org (William P. McGonigle)
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: current CVS version won't connect to MSSQL 7
  • Date: 24 Feb 2000 13:26:40 EST

--- Brian Bruns wrote:
Eh, but isn't network order MSB (big endian) and sparc host order would be
big endian as well, so no conversion would take place...i think anyway....
But agreed, maybe we need htoms and mstoh ? :-)
--- end of quote ---

Seems right on both accounts.

BTW, I'm now using FreeTDS (last week's CVS) --with-tdsver=4.2 against MSSQL
7 on Solaris 7 and everything seems to be working perfectly
(apache/mod_perl/Apache::DBI/DBD::Sybase). The only thing that suprised me
was to find MSSQL errors in the apache error log, and not in the TDS log.

Great job, guys.

-Bill