freetds - Re: current CVS version won't connect to MSSQL 7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: current CVS version won't connect to MSSQL 7
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:59:55 -0500 (EST)

It's not a problem with TDS 4.2 as the server is supposed to do endian
conversion, but with TDS 7.0 there does not seem to be a way to specify
the endianess of the client. So, I assume the client is responsible for
dealing with it (the server always sends little endian).

BTW glib has endian conversion functions and as glib is being used in the
ODBC driver, does anyone mind whether we make glib a prerequisite?
Probably affects the sparc folks more than anybody.

Brian