freetds - Re: current CVS version won't connect to MSSQL 7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dave Blob <blob AT saghill.com>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: current CVS version won't connect to MSSQL 7
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:43:55 -0500

Really? How much have you tested it? The reason I'm surprised is that the
sybperl tests fail on the following:

- a failed query: "select count(*) from systypes where"
- My trivial debugging leads me to beleive this is because
dbsqlexec returns true rather than reading the response packet and queueing
it
- Message handlers
- no debugging yet, but it simply isn't called in the test
- dbpoll
- returns succeed, doesn't set reason.

I would say the first two are critical pieces. As I noted before, I tried
using sybperl anyhow, but to no avail - the sql function doesn't work,
although the separate calls do - I haven't quite tracked that one down yet.

Anyhow, all this isn't to be critical, I'd love to use this when it's
working, and am stuck with using DBD::ODBC in the meantime. I just don't
think it's fair to say it works great, when it's got a few things that are
undone, and doesn't pass what are some pretty straightforward tests...

Dave