freetds - Re: via PHP to Microsoft SQL Server V7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: via PHP to Microsoft SQL Server V7.0
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:25:00 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 richard AT iguana.co.nz wrote:

> > The unknown marker is basically this...the read() returns 0 when the
> > connection is closed however the lib doesn't realize it until the next
> > time it tries to read from the socket at which point the calling function
> > (ie dbnextrow()) should return a FAIL. However, I'm not sure all functions
> > are correctly propagating the error upstream. I need to dig back into it
> > again, as I thought I had something working (are you using .50 or CVS?)
>
> CVS as of 5 days ago. I don't believe it is actually causing any
> functional problems, its just there, and when it prints out to stderr it
> ends up filling up my httpd log :)

Ok let me take back what I said, this should be easy to fix (although it's
getting late on the east coast (US) for those of us with work tommorow :-)
so I'll look at fixing it tomorrow evening).

> A previous revision spun out on occasion, generating a hideous amount of
> those messages, but that appears to have since been fixed :)
>
> Certainly I can safely say that, apart from the logs filling up, the
> current revision of freetds successfully handles an extremely busy site,
> and performance wise we're doing pretty damn well :) Congrats on that.

Always good to hear some positive feedback. I haven't really tuned for
performance all that much, so that's especially good to hear.

> Richard.

G'night all.

Brian