freetds - Re: TDS V7.0 and MSSQL Version 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: TDS V7.0 and MSSQL Version 7.0
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:45:12

On 08/08/99, "Craig Jackson <CRAIGJ AT EPUB.IACNET.COM>" wrote:
> "NTLMSSP" looks like a security scheme identifier of some sort. The basic
> NT
> security scheme is called "NT/Lan Manager", because it goes back to the Lan
> Manager days.
>
> Interesting that this one string was not in Unicode.
>
> Craig Jackson
> Craig_Jackson AT iacnet.com
> The Gale Group
> Cambridge, MA, USA

Interesting, I had put together the LM = Lan Manager bit but didn't know
what it did. I also found it strange that it was not in unicode.
Apparently this is not so much a string as an indentifier. Although, I
thought this login session was straight password (not domain auth). Again,
we need some enlightenment from Stephan regarding the password.

Cheers,

Brian