freetds - Re: TDS V7.0 and MSSQL Version 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TDS V7.0 and MSSQL Version 7.0
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 21:12:05 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, sort of a good news/bad news situation from my brief look at the logs.
Good news, we are basically dealing with a TDS protocol, nothing too
radically different. Bad news is the login packet looks pretty strange
and most (but not all) strings went to multibyte characters. Also the
login ack appears to have a few extra bytes thrown on the end (this may
however be a hitherto unknown feature of TDS as well).

I'm going to start parsing out the login packet and then take it from
there. Some good news on this front, many of the string go through a
common function and can simply be ifdef'd to deal with multibyte sets
(assuming we are just striping them back down to 1 byte characters for
now...eventually we will want to support full unicode)

Thanks for the logs,

Brian