freetds - RE: Pre-release

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: tetherow AT nol.nol.org
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Cc: icplarso AT ismc.osis.gov
  • Subject: RE: Pre-release
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:40:11 -0600 (EST)

On 19 Jan, Phil Larson wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>
> I ran "./configure" on my Solaris machine (SunOS nettles 5.6 Generic sun4m
> sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20), and got this result:

> checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
> checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
> checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.6
> checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/ccs/bin/ld
> checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
> checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
> checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
> checking if gcc static flag -static works... -static
> checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
> checking whether the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
> yes
> checking command to parse /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p output... yes
> checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.6 ld.so
> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build static libraries... yes
> checking for objdir... .libs
> creating libtool
> checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
> checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
> ./configure: test: argument expected
>

> When I went on to run gmake i got a makefile not found error.
>
> Any suggestions?

The problem here is that test -n is expecting an argument and it
is getting nothing (not "" but actually nothing). I am not sure of the
proper way to fix this. We just removed the test and compiled here.
Again this is not the 'proper' solution, but it worked in a pinch and
we were in a bit of a rush...

Sam Tetherow tetherow AT nol.org
Director of Development
Nebrask@ Online http://www.nol.org/