corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] ...And From Blood

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Tony Costa" <tmcos AT rogers.com>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] ...And From Blood
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:45:43 -0400

Are we talking of literal consumption of "blood" in the theological context of 'transubstantiation' as Roman Catholicism holds, or are we talking about the bread and cup as "symbols" of the body and blood of Jesus as someone like Zwingli would have argued? If we are saying the blood is literal I can say how this would conflict with OT prohibitions, but not if we are talking symbolically.

Tony Costa
Toronto, Canada

----- Original Message ----- From: "RUSSELL BOOTH" <russbooth281 AT msn.com>