corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Audience of Romans/Symbolic Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Justin Dombrowski" <jedombrowski AT msn.com>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Audience of Romans/Symbolic Paul
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 14:10:00 -0400

Theoretically, they could be unbelieving pagans
(non-Christian), but they doubtfully would be
abstaining from meat, observing days, and behaving
like good Judeans, would they?

JD: Actually, I think a case could be made, but I don't think I'd buy it.

Why can't Rom 14 refer to believing Jews who still want to observe Torah? This strikes me as the most plausible reading.