corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Audience of Romans/Symbolic Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Tim Gallant" <tim AT rabbisaul.com>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Audience of Romans/Symbolic Paul
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 14:42:53 -0600

[Tim]
I never claimed it was. The thing that Paul says
is weak is the *belief* that one must observe
these dietary rules, not *that* one does observe them. He considers the former a weak conscience.

I think you're the one imposing an outside context --
namely I Cor 8. Paul speaks nowhere in Rom 14-15 about
a weak conscience, and this is the real difference
between the Corinthian and Roman situations.

See Rom 14.22-23, to which I have already drawn attention.

tim
Tim Gallant
http://www.pactumgroup.com

Basic tutorials: http://www.pactumgroup.com/tutorials/