corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] 'Faith working through love' Jewish versus Protestant view

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "John Brand" <jbrand AT gvsd.mb.ca>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] 'Faith working through love' Jewish versus Protestant view
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:31:20 -0600

Hi, Tim. Thank-you for taking up the dialogue once again. I felt
guilty over the weekend for seeming to set you up for a quarrel with
Mark. I assure you that this was not my intention although I was
disappointed at the results which surfaced in your dialogue.
Reflecting on the conversation, I realize that the difference between
your perspectives is far greater than I had realized (i.e. Tim in
agreement with Sanders contra Mark). I hope that we can work through
some of the obstacles that were encountered in the course of the
conversation.

We might profit most from keeping it simple (the K.I.S.S. principle)
by continuing where you first connected with Mark: Faith working
through love (Paul/Jewish) versus Love working through faith (Mark:
Protestant; Tim: Medieval RC). To keep to the topic you have raised,
I will attempt to tie this in to Romans. To keep to the original
topic raised by Mark, I will attempt to tie this into the teaching of
James.