corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did P46 once contain the Pastorals?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Frank W. Hughes" <fwhughes AT sunbeach.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did P46 once contain the Pastorals?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:10:45 -0400

As a sidebar, I think it's a very long way from being certain that the
scribe of P46 included 2 Thessalonians.

Thank you for correcting me.  I was overstating the case.  However, IHMO it is reasonable to state:

He most probably included both 1 & 2 Thessalonians, and perhaps Phm, but
nothing else.
Dear Dave,

I don't guess I could get you to say why you think the scribe of P46 "most probably" included 2 Thessalonians, could I?  The earliest quote or allusion to it is in Polycarp's letter to the Philippians, where St. Polycarp also said that Paul wrote it to the Philippians.  I am not aware of any other quotes of it that early.

Frank W. Hughes