corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did P46 once contain the Pastorals?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Frank W. Hughes" <fwhughes AT sunbeach.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did P46 once contain the Pastorals?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:07:41 -0400

We can therefore reasonably assume that this MS used to include the whole of both
1 & 2 Thes (and perhaps Philemon), but it was certainly not long enough to
have included the Pastorals as well. So, why did the scribe apparently
miscalculate, and what was he trying to do?

(snip)

He almost certainly included both 1 & 2
Thessalonians, and perhaps Phm, but nothing else.

As a sidebar, I think it's a very long way from being certain that the scribe of P46 included 2 Thessalonians.

Frank W. Hughes
Lecturer in New Testament Studies
Codrington College
St. John J6