corpus-paul - Re: Jerusalem conference

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Bob MacDonald <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • To: 'Corpus-paul' <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Jerusalem conference
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:30:31 -0700

Robert wrote
>>There's nothing in Acts to suggest that Paul went off from Jerusalem with
a chip on his shoulder, and that's exactly the impression I get from
Galatians.

can you identify what verses give you the impression of a chip on the
shoulder? Is it maybe the nature of the ironic rebuke that leaves this
impression if you read it as a whine rather than irony?

without specific verses (sorry if I missed them in a prior post) it is hard
to be specific in response. (I do see you calling 2:6 sarcastic - he puts
himself down in Phil 3:12; and also 1 Cor 9:27 - it is not as if he is
important in himself - Gal 1:8 even he could not preach against his own
gospel. 2:6 does not read as sarcasm to me.)

Bob

mailto::BobMacDonald AT shaw.ca
+ + + Victoria, B.C., Canada + + +

Catch the foxes for us,