corpus-paul - Re: corpus-paul digest: May 15, 2002

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "David Inglis" <david AT colonialcommerce.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: corpus-paul digest: May 15, 2002
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:40:51 -0400

Loren Rosson wrote:
> David Inglis wrote:
>
> > I thought it was pretty much a 'given' that
> > Romans was written before
> > Philemon and Philippians...what is the
> > evidence for Romans having been written after
> > Philemon and Philippians?
>
> If Philippians and/or Philemon were written from
> Ephesus, then they were in all likelihood written
> before Romans.

There are some suppositions here. What is your evidence for the
following:

1) That Philippians and/or Philemon were written from Ephesus, rather
than (say) Rome?
2) Even if they were written from Ephesus, why could Paul not have
returned to Ephesus sometime after having written Romans?

Dave Inglis
david AT colonialcommerce.com
3538 O'Connor Drive
Lafayette, CA, USA