corpus-paul - Pauline scholars.... the Story of the early church.

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Ntsearcher AT aol.com
  • To: <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Pauline scholars.... the Story of the early church.
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 13:26:38 EDT

I'd like the email addresses of some very competent Pauline scholars. (Or NT
scholars that can answer tough questions about Paul. Not so much of his
theology... but of social history).

I ask again.

Has anyone read Gene Edwards 'first century diaries' by Tyndale. He
re-constructs the entire story of the first century church and then explains
his letters in that vein with that background.

I'd begin with THE SILAS DIARY which gives the history before Paul penned
Galatians. Would love to have a start a thread on these books.

Also. I'm looking for some commentaries or books that do the same thing. That
is, that paint a picture of what was happening in the first century story
before Paul wrote a particular letter. To give the background for it... the
complete background...

Can anyone give some books?

Frank Anthony
Tampa, FL