corpus-paul - Re: Paul as the beloved disciple

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: leaddriver <leaddriver AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul as the beloved disciple
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:39:33 -0600

Concerning the remote possibility that Paul could be "the beloved disciple
of the Fourth Gospel" is pure speculation. Considering the account of Acts
regarding Paul's activities against the saint's then commonly referred to as
"the way" we are informed that Paul was "an enemy" of the way and all those
that called upon the name of Jesus Christ.

Did Paul go "from laying on the bosom of Jesus" to administrating death
warrants against the believer's? Highly unlikely!

G.C.Still