corpus-paul - Re: Patristic Commentaries on Galatians

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Dieter Mitternacht" <dieter.mitternacht AT teol.lu.se>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Patristic Commentaries on Galatians
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:03:39 +0200

I am not sure whether texts like the controversy between Augustine and Jerome
on how to interpret Gal 2.11-14 would be of interest. But if so, there are
two relatively new books on that in German, one by R. Hennings (1994) and one
by A. Fürst (1999). I do not know if the books are available in English. You
may want to contact stefan.rebenich AT phil.uni-mannheim.de who has been doing
some work on the controversy.
Then there is JND Kellys book (1975) on Jerome which includes the
controversies and also C. White (1990) with an English translation of the
correspondence between Jerome and Augustine.
A work in french by Rene Kieffer (Foi et justification a Antioche, 1982)
discusses patristic exegeses of Gal 2.14-21 from the Pseudoclementines to
Thomas.

Greetings
Dieter

Dieter Mitternacht, Dr. Theol., Research fellow
Lund University
Dept of Theology
Allhelgona kyrkogata 8
S-223 62 Lund
SWEDEN

phone +46 46 - 222 97 54
fax +46 46 - 222 44 26
E-mail: Dieter.Mitternacht AT teol.lu.se