corpus-paul - RE: Sv: Re: Rom 3,21-26

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "maertens" <maertens AT waika9.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Sv: Re: Rom 3,21-26
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:41:45 +0200

Dear all,
I didn't have the opportunity yet to read Schreiner, so I can't evaluate his
arguments. (Maybe, Christian, if you could resume them for us, it could be
helpful).
It can't be ignored that "that the biblical writers sometimes use the
experiences of Israel". Sometimes it is clearly indicated (as Christian has
rightly pointed out). Other times key words point to the TO story. In the
case of Rom 3,21-26 we don't have neither. The word he uses for deliverance
is not the one used in connection with the Exodus (and which is used by
'Luke' in Acts 7,34).So I would be tempted to say that the relationship with
Exodus, if potentially possible, was not intended by Paul.

Try maybe to see with Perseus in which classical contexts the Pauline
expression is used.

Best regards,

Philip Maertens

---
You are currently subscribed to corpus-paul as: maertens AT waika9.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')