corpus-paul - Sv: Re: Rom 3,21-26

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Christian Maymann" <maymann AT adr.dk>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Sv: Re: Rom 3,21-26
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:04:58 +0200

Dear Harold
That You for the mail.
I agree with You, that the biblical writers sometimes use the experiences of
Israel in this way (e.g., John 3:14; 1 Cor 10:1-13).But in the 2 exampels
it´s cleary indicated in the text ("And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the
wilderness..." in John 3:14 and "how that all our fathers were under the
cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea" in 1 Cor
10:1).
What I need is some arguments from the text itself that shows, that Paul is
thinking in this way in this particulary text.
What could I use as arguments?