corpus-paul - Rom 3,21-26

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Christian Maymann" <maymann AT adr.dk>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Rom 3,21-26
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 18:22:36 +0200

Dear members

I'm working with Rom 3,21-26 - a very interesting passages.
Right now I wonder, that Paul means with the phase

dia. tês apolutrwsew

in verse 24.

The newest commentary I have read (Schreiner, Romans Baker Book 1998 p. 189) links it to  exodus pattern, maintaining that the liberation Israel longed for has been realized "in Christ jesus".

Are Schreiner right in making that link, and why/why not is it correct?

I hope to get come comment on that tropic

Yours

Christian Maymann

Copenhagen
Christian Maymann