corpus-paul - Re: Paul's "Thorn"

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Doug Jantz <dwjantz AT swbell.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's "Thorn"
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:09:46 +0000

This may be a bit simplistic, but sometimes we tend to make things more
complicated
than they are. Years ago in preaching school one of my teachers said that
Paul tells
us ion the text what the thorn is. 2Cor 12.7 tells us he has the thorn, 12.8
tells us
he prayed to get rid of it. 12.9 tells us the Lord said His grace was
sufficient to
help him get through the problem. 12.10 gives us a "therefore" to deal with.
Since
he could not get rid of the problem(s), he will now be content with it.
Weaknesses,
insults, persecutions and calamities for the sake of Christ. Since he could
not get
rid of these, he will live with it and make the best of for the cause of
Christ.

Douglas Jantz
1304 E. Republic Rd. #180 Springfield, Missouri 65804
USA
dwjantz AT swbell.net
Religious Studies Program
Southwest Missouri State University