corpus-paul - Re: Happy99.exe worm -- not a hoax

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Robert Albert Hunter" <bob_leonora.hunter AT thezone.net>
  • To: corpus-paul
  • Subject: Re: Happy99.exe worm -- not a hoax
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 0:31:35

Thank you to all those who let me know, either personally or by a posting
on Corpus Paul, that a message that I posted on Corpus Paul carried a
virus. It was the first time in my year of having it that my computer had
met a virus, which I introduced to it by opening an attachment to an
earlier posting on Corpus-Paul. If ones hadn't let me know about my
message's carrying a virus, I would undoubtedly have unknowingly passed it
on to others. Thus your concern and advice was appreciated. With the help
of Trend-Micro's HouseCall service and virus encyclopedia, I was able to
delete the virus from my computer. Thus, this posting should be clean.

Bob Hunter, Louisiana Baptist University student
Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland, Canada
bob_leonora.hunter AT thezone.net