corpus-paul - Re: Viruswarning

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Sheila McGinn <smcginn AT jcu.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Viruswarning
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:12:30 -0500

Robert Hunter wrote:

> Regarding the following virus warning that was posted earlier today,
>
> > To all list members
> > I have just been alerted, that a new virus is spreading via e-mail. The
> > e-mail you may receive contains an attachment that purports to be a screen
> > saver called 'Budweiser'. If you unpack the zip-file buddylyst.zip, your
> > hard disc may be erased.
>
> you may breathe easy as Symantec says that Budweiser is a hoax, not a virus.
> See http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/buddylst.zip.html.
>
> Bob Hunter, student
> bob_leonora.hunter AT thezone.net

Budweiser may be a hoax, but the happy99.exe that is being sent with it is
NOT. Bob,
I would recommend that you de-tox your system, and anyone else who opened the
happy99.exe that was sent to the list yesterday on the heels of the birthday
message.
SEM

--
Sheila E. McGinn, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biblical Studies & Early Christianity