corpus-paul - Re: Paul and the Law

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Robert Hunter" <bob_leonora.hunter AT thezone.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul and the Law
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 05:40:15 -0330

Although I've already written personal thank-you's to members who recommended works that I include in my research on Paul and the Law or who made suggestions regarding the topic of my dissertation, I'd like to offer them thanks publicly as well.

Thanks to Rick Carr, Jeff Krantz, and Torrey Seland for recommending the following works: Terrence L. Donaldson's Paul and the Gentiles..., Mark Nanos's The Mystery of Romans; R. Kendal Soulen's The God of Israel and Christian Theology, and Stephen Westerholm's Israel's Law and the Church's Faith.... All except the last are currently in print, and abebooks.com lists two used copies of it, one of which I've inquired about. I've also read reviews of the other works with the aim of obtaining those that sound as if they would be useful in my study of Paul's view of the Law in Philippians.

Thanks also to Jim Hester for his appeal to members for recommendations of a more interesting topic for my dissertation, to John Dickson for his responding with the suggestion of the content and background of Paul's 'gospel' as a dissertation topic, and to Thomas A. Copecek for his follow-up suggestion that the resulting dissertation subsequently be rewritten in readable form and published.

I appreciate both the recommendation of works and the other suggestions. Thanks again.

Bob Hunter, student
Louisiana Baptist University