corpus-paul - Re: hOI ADELFOI

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "John M. Contabile II" <jcontabile AT earthlink.net>
  • To: corpus-paul
  • Subject: Re: hOI ADELFOI
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:43:3

It seems to me that any one of your suggestions might fit here. Even
though BAGD lists 1 Cor. 9:5 under the heading of "literal brothers," I am
inclined to believe that Paul meant other Christian apostles/missionaries.
This is consistent with his familial terminology as well as that of Jesus
himself. (Lk. 8:21) I don't think there is really any way to prove which
is true, but contextually I think Paul was speaking about fellow
Christians.

John Contabile
Student of the New Testamant
jcontabile AT earthlink.net

  • hOI ADELFOI, John Dickson, 04/19/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: hOI ADELFOI, Jeff Peterson, 04/20/1999
    • Re: hOI ADELFOI, John M. Contabile II, 04/21/1999