corpus-paul - Timothy also known as Titus

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: thevoidboy AT sprynet.com (J. Amador)
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Timothy also known as Titus
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:20:07 -0400 (EDT)

Gosh, I suppose I'm going to annoy even more people with this missive (esp.
Moon-Ryul Jung, since I haven't had time to answer his posting to me
directly - please forgive me, but the answer is going to be rather lengthy,
since the argumentative situations of Romans, Galatians, Corinthians and
Thessalonians are connected, but the argumentative function of the Law is
different in each),

but...I have a rather simple question.

What happens to the chronology proposed by Mr. Fellows if 2 Corinthians can
be shown to be intact, i.e., not two different sources?

If you like, we can address this question first, leaving aside for the
moment the argument regarding 2 Corinthians as a single letter. Or, I can
elaborate upon this thesis and get us off on a tangent away from the
question of the identity of Titus/Timothy.

I will allow the discussion's trajectory to decide...

J.D.H. Amador, Ph.D.
Dept of Humanities
Santa Rosa Junior College
Santa Rosa, CA