corpus-paul - Re: [Fwd: Homo tricubitalis]

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Craig S de Vos <csdevos AT trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Homo tricubitalis]
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:17:38 +1000

>This reference may be found in Acts of Paul and Thecla 2.3.
>
>Mark Nanos

I don't have access to the Greek of Acts of Paul and Thecla, which was the
text that immediately sprang to my mind also, but in the English
translation I have it reads "a man small in size", not "four feet and a
half in height". Maybe the latter translation involves an ethnocentric
anachronism?

Craig

Dr. Craig S. de Vos
Bromby Lecturer in New Testament