community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: ccpublisher question and holiday greetings

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • Cc: Glenn Otis Brown <glenn AT creativecommons.org>, Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: ccpublisher question and holiday greetings
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 07:17:06 -0500

Tom,

ccPublisher is already Open Source. You can download the sources from CVS at SourceForge.net. We will also be providing a Linux build (probably RPM initially) soon after 1.0 is released. We're down to one bug that's blocking 1.0, so I'm hopeful for a 1.0 and Linux build in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your interest in ccPublisher, and please let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions.

Nathan R. Yergler
Software Engineer
Creative Commons

tom poe wrote:

Hi, Nathan: Happy Holidays to you.

Will you be providing an Open Source/Linux/Unix version of ccpublisher? If so, we could build on what you've done, in order to spread the word
and encourage Independent Artists to seek out your application and use
it for their work.

Happy New Year,
Tom Poe
Open Studios