community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: BBC archives to be released question

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Lawrence Lessig <lessig AT pobox.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: BBC archives to be released question
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:15:21 -0000

Hi, Mr. Lessig: If you were single, pretty, female, and rich, I'd kiss
you. Best of luck. What a marvelous world we live in. Nanotechnology
is just around the corner, computers empower the individual, and the
world community can choose a reasonable lifestyle that benefits
everyone, or they can be manipulated by special interests.

I also want to comment on your participation in community-based WiFi
networks. The work Brewster Kahle is doing in so many important ways on
www.archives.org is wonderful, and your presence just makes it better.
Thanks, Tom

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 06:27, Lawrence Lessig wrote:
> Thanks for the note. We've been talking to BBC for about 8 months, and
> are hopeful that when they release the details, CC will be there. Stay
> tuned.
>
> On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 11:37 PM, tom poe wrote:
>
> > Hi, Mr. Lessig: I want to know if you will make an effort to contact
> > the folks at BBC, and request they license their archives through the
> > Creative Commons Project.
> >
> > Open Studios is dedicated to replenishing our precious Public Domain.
> > can think of no better way to make the point, than to be able to say
> > that the originators of the phrase, "She who must be obeyed", i.e,
> > Rumpole of the Bailey (well, maybe not the originators] and BBC, are
> > strong supporters of the Creative Commons Project.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tom Poe
> > Open Studios
> > Reno, NV
> > http://www.studioforrecording.org/
> >

> -----
> Lessig
> Stanford Law School
> 559 Nathan Abbott Way
> Stanford, CA 94305-8610
> 650.736.0999 (vx)
> 650.723.8440 (fx)
>
> Ass't: <laura.lynch AT stanford.edu>
> <http://lessig.org/blog>
> <http://creativecommons.org>
> <http://eldred.cc>
>
> Help reclaim the Public Domain: Please sign this petition:
> http://eldred.cc/sign
>
> How else can you help? Check out:
> http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=Lessig

  • [Community_studios] Re: BBC archives to be released question, tom poe, 08/26/2003