community_studios - [Community_studios] RE:[Community_studios]RE:[DMCA_Discuss]Re:BPDG:BPDGreport

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: De Bug <debug AT centras.lt>
  • To: <Erik AT OpenStandards.net>
  • Cc: <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] RE:[Community_studios]RE:[DMCA_Discuss]Re:BPDG:BPDGreport
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 20:41:35 +0100

>Bandwidth is still a cost of distribution
Gees, make it free to copy and you'll have more than enough
home-burned CDs distributed all around the world.
I often buy CDs instead of downloading because it is cheaper
($1 per CD) vs ($30 per month for 56Kbps modem connection)

Information has become untied from the material media it is written on and
copying
has become virtually priceless.
It was not possible to rewrite analog audio cassette for 10 and more times.
Just after two-three rewrites the quality was awful.
Now we've become digitalized and it is revolution indeed.
Do you want a copy of real objects - amulets, rings etc ? It is already
possible to
encode a 3D model of the original working on one host and send it via
internet and create a copy on the other host
I wonder when i will be able to copy a new model of BMW or Volvo in this way?

Information is unlimited from now, when material things become
unlimited/almost unlimited ?

--
De Bug